Memorial Bench Program
Since 2004, the LPC has installed 15 benches in scenic locations throughout Lafayette Park. Two more are being installed now (Summer 2020). Some are memorial benches to honor loved ones; others are just a thoughtful gift that provides a comfortable place to rest and enjoy.
Memorial Benches have a steel frame and long lasting Ipe wood slats. The benches are installed on concrete pads, usually at the edge of a paved pathway or other locations chosen with the view from the bench in mind.
A bronze memorial plaque can be installed on the pad or the bench ,and donors may request a specific site, subject to approval by the Parks Division and the LPC.
To begin the process of ordering a bench and selecting the site, check out the details below and then contact the firstname.lastname@example.org to proceed.
The current bench price is $3,500 (installment plans may be an option–ask about this when you contact the LPC).
– One standard Victor Stanley C-10 four foot bench (pictured below) with ipe wood slats and black finish on the steel frame.
– Installation on a concrete pad (normally 4′ x 6′) adjacent to a park pathway.
– Donors may request a specific bench site, subject to the approval of the Parks Division of St. Louis and the LPC.
– A bronze dedication plaque with the text chosen by the donor. The plaque can be mounted on the platform or on the bench.
– Maintenance of the bench, platform and plaque by the LPC.